EdenEcho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EdenEcho

A site focusing on gaming, particularly Pokemon. Other game series will be spotlighted as well. Come in, relax, check it out.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dragon Age: Origins

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

Dragon Age: Origins Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyTue Feb 23, 2010 12:00 am

Alright wasn't sure. I'm not much of an online gamer, so yeah. I have heard that some PC games DO connect with their Xbox Live counterparts though. I don't recall what game I am thinking of specifically though... anyway, thank you. I might consider getting it for the PC =D
Back to top Go down
Project Rain
Admin
Project Rain

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:58 pm

Well the answer to that would be no, since Xbox Live is separate from online gameplay on the PC. Plus, Dragon Age is not an MMORPG, so you don't play with other online players anyway.
Back to top Go down
http://edenecho.omgforum.net
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 11:31 pm

Wow! I am really interested in this game now, actually. Does the PC version connect the the 360 version?
Back to top Go down
Project Rain
Admin
Project Rain

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:56 pm

Oh, I also should have mentioned that there is an expansion coming out in March. I'm sure you may have heard already. It's called Awakening. =)
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:54 pm

Yeah noway my comp can do that...haha and I just upgraded it
Back to top Go down
Project Rain
Admin
Project Rain

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:52 pm

At least 1GB of RAM, ATI Radeon X850 128MB or greater or NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT 128MB or greater. I had to Google this since Casey wasn't much help (he's the one who bought the PC version).
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:46 pm

Most commonly played because its pirated, what are the requirements needed for it? Just RAM and gfx is fine..
Back to top Go down
Project Rain
Admin
Project Rain

PostSubject: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:44 pm

I am doing this because a lot of people haven't had the chance to play this amazing game. I wanted to kind of cover the gameplay style a bit, and the storyline. This is my sort of review, I suppose.

I could never get too attached to many RPGs, but DA:O is one of the rare exceptions. When I bought my 360, I didn't have this game in mind for purchase. However, when I got to Best Buy, a female employee recommended that I choose Dragon Age as my first game for my system. I took a risk, took her advice, and I'm damned glad I did.

I became instantly addicted, I hardly wanted to stop playing. The game brings some awesome character customization, which I know is important to quite a few gamers I know. I enjoyed this aspect greatly. Right off the bat, you choose your gender, race, and class. Your race defines what type of classes you may choose from.

Here is a video example I found, nothing too in depth, just gives you a small idea:

Onwards.. After you create your character, depending on the race and class you chose during creation, you go through a small introductory sort of plot. The intro story and about the first hour or so of gameplay is based on this, creating an awesome backstory for your character. For example, a Human Noble's story will be way different from that of an Elven Mage.

The way you act towards other characters throughout the game, such as the responses you choose to certain questions, determine events in the future and how your game will end.

Each party member has an approval rating, and certain items make great gifts for certain characters. These are useful for raising their approval ratings. High approval ratings are necessary for romances or for characters to teach you their class. Yes, classes can be obtained throughout the game. Once you obtain a class with one character, all the characters you create afterward that are eligible for that class will have it available to them. You can have two classes in the game.

As mentioned above, there are also many possibilities for romance in the game. I fell in love with Alistair, myself <3 A couple characters are bisexual, and there is in fact a possibility of a threesome in the game XD

Now for some gameplay talk. This game is pretty much an action RPG. I would compare it to Baulder's Gate, but that's not really quite accurate. Hmm.. A video is best. I never do any justice for the game by trying to explain it by myself. But let me tell you, I am a picky gamer, and I will not play any boring turn based RPGs if they don't keep me interested long enough. That's why I love DA:O ^-^ Anyway, here's the gameplay video.

I decided to show the PC version since that seems to be the most commonly played >>

Anyway, I don't want to give away too much about the game, but if there are any questions I will answer them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragon Age: Origins   Dragon Age: Origins Empty

Back to top Go down

Dragon Age: Origins
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EdenEcho :: Other Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: