EdenEcho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EdenEcho

A site focusing on gaming, particularly Pokemon. Other game series will be spotlighted as well. Come in, relax, check it out.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Asgade1337

General Monster Hunter discussion. Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:09 pm

oh...Yeah, lol my biggest problem in the game is timing/aiming, the character flexes too much when drinking potions, or doesn't know how to stop momentium:P

Interesting, I am surprised the whites house doesnt have it o.o

Haha sounds like the dicktease with .hack// Online game D:
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:24 pm

Duals were overpowered IF you can time their attacks properly and whatnot. In the very beginning they aren't due to the sharpness issue. However, later in the game you can get armor that makes sharpness go down much slower. =O Affinity makes them do 100% more damage per hit. When doing the demon dance combo, if the first hit is an affinity hit, every hit after that is also an affinity hit. Overpowered!!! D=

I guess just because it is similar to using magic in other games, and I don't think Capcom wanted to go there with this franchise. Gunlances do seem excessive, but a lot of people love 'em. I admit I think they are fun too, just because of badassery =D

Yeah. The MMO has been out for ages though, for PC only. However, it will soon come out on the 360! Unfortunately, as of now, there are no plans to release it in the US.

Also, awesome video is awesome. Gameplay of MH3: the largest Ibirujo that can be fought. And he is BIG!

Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 8:04 pm

Doesn't seem that overpowered in the beginning to me >.> The rapid attacks in demon dance are nuts assuming they don't move away LOL

Interesting, how were hunting horns not realistic? Gunlance seemed excessive imo...

So wait, theres the online game for the wii then the MMO?
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Nope, no dual wielding anymore. =/ I believe it is because duals have been too overpowered in all but the first Monster Hunter. The only reason they wern't overpowered in that one was because there were probably only 7 sets of them, most of which sucked anyway. All of them were ridiculously difficult to get, too.

I like the new Bowgun mechanics. And Hunting Horns were likely dropped just because they are less realistic. Same with Gunlances. Hunting Horns ARE in Monster Hunter Frontier Online though, and that's an MMORPG. Cool stuff.

Thanks. ^^ I bring him wherever I go!
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 7:55 pm

They took out alot of them damn, they dont have dual wields of any sort?!?!

But the bowgun...seems logical, but the hunting horn seems just plain AWESOME if it was a group thing, or I am thinking too much like an RPG fan

Btw, nice meta knight
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 5:22 pm

This was a triumph~

Lol yeah, in MH they took some of the weapon types out. They took out Duals, Gunlances, Hunting Horns, Bows, Light Bowguns, and Heavy Bowguns. They added Switch Axes (they are called so because they fold out like a switch knife, and they can switch between axe and sword.) They also added Bowguns. The Bowgun CAN be light, medium, or heavy. It all depends on how much you attach to the Bowgun.

Never ever played Fable... though I almost did at my cousin's house.

Yeah, pretty much all of us are supposed to be getting a copy. The problem is a lack of Wii's.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:25 pm

Oh, that should be np for me, less to choose from/worry about...

Haha the cake is a lie ;D
Never played fable?! blasphemy!!!

But who do you know is getting MH?
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:32 pm

MH3 is promising. The only thing I have to warn you about it is the fact it will have much less of everything than Unite. Less weapons and less monsters. It is a much more difficult game though. They were trying to go back to the original Monster Hunter with 3, so I'm happy. =D I am looking forward to Portal 2 but idk about the other games. Never played them. =o
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 5:24 pm

I /think/ I may have one or two of those possibly?

I also read up on the wii version of MH, Looks promising, along with Fable III WHICH HAS MOTHER FUCKING PIRATES, Portal Two as well, not sure how I will afford these but if the gang gets MH for the Wii I shall get it just to play with yall

Interesting, I shall check it out...I figured the hammer thing from the training and buffs from the notes, but didn't know where to find, thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:07 am

Nope, I think you just need Dragon Seeds and Lg Bone Husks or something like that. I know the Dragon Seeds are necessary to make Dragon S.

Hunting Horns... well they perform like rather bland Hammers. They can swing back and forth, do a powerful ground pound, and of course play notes. Hunting Horns have several different note combos, which are all listed in your info box by the bed. Every hunting horn's first note will either be white or purple. Purple is a better version of the white note, but they essentially do the same things. Notes can do a ton of different things. Attack Up Small/Medium/Large, Defense Up /Small/Medium/Large, sonic bomb effect, cure poison, and raise elemental resistances are a few of them I can name off the top of my head. Like I said, the info box explains everything in detail so read up on it!
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 1:02 am

Well what do you need? Dead Dragon parts? LOL

Yeah I can imagine if they are so powerful

Can you tell me what you know about hunting horns
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:35 am

Dragon S aren't that hard to make. The issue with them is the fact that almost no Bowgun can fire them. Only a select few have that ability.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:27 am

Oh I see...Interesting and they are a pain to craft I can assume?

Rofl yeah I always kill my felyne with those....especially with those sand sharks, Hate those stupid things >.>

I prefer trying to knock off territorial poo off a Congalala
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 12:13 am

Dragon S is the most powerful shot in the game. It pierces right through monsters, and does devastating damage to Elder Dragons and anything else weak to the Dragon element. And Crag shots rarely affect other hunters. It's the Clusts and the Pellet shots that can be a huge annoyance, especially the latter of the two.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Oh man, thats like 27 crag shots >_> But the ka-boom might knock ya'll back, not too terribly sure...

But thats interesting, whats dragon shot for btw?
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:44 pm

Almost every shot can be rapid fired by certain bowguns. Rapid fire with Crag S shoots 3 at once. However, those three shots fired still only count as one shot so you don't have to worry about ammunition! =D
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyMon Mar 08, 2010 8:14 pm

Haha theres ones that rapid fire them?! Seeing how you can only have like 9 of them better make sure I don't miss...

Hrm, now you have myvery curious
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:43 pm

Lol better get the Bowgun that rapid fires Crag, then. ;D And its a bit difficult to stay away from the tail. A little hard to explain, but you'll find out soon enough =]
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 9:45 pm

Mines...the first week of April? I will look it up for next post, and hows that? and I can stay pretty far even from its tail I am sure, I just can't use very strong shots for hurting you guys LOL Crag is my favorite <3

KAH-BOOOM
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:03 pm

Lao-Shan Lung is easy. It doesn't attack you. Just stay away from it's tail... lol. There are good places to stand on for gunning Lao, so you'll do fine. Recovery shots shouldn't be needed in that quest since we usually don't get hit by Lao anymore. Usually... lol. And break is right after this coming week.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:19 pm

When is your break? And sure:D I hope I can be of some assistance, maybe I can use those recover shots >.> they seem worthless almost hahaha
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 12:03 am

Yeah seriously! Spring break is coming up for us, though idk if its the same for you. I still wanna do a Lao-Shan Lung!
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 9:50 pm

Well I don't mind, I joke mostly as long as I don't get it near me....Though I HATE to be a bother, I just covered my mouth with my shirt till they caught onto the cat thing when I asked if it was hypo-allergenic haha, but thats off topic

Alright, awesome, we have to set up another time to hang out and take down some big ass special monster:D
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:55 pm

Haha! Well one of the cats might not be around much longer... so yeah. Anyway, I'll send ya the roster via PM.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:46 pm

Haha I just gotta catch up to you guys...what is the rooster? including everyone possible

Next time I visit I will need a gas mask >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EdenEcho :: Other Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: