EdenEcho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EdenEcho

A site focusing on gaming, particularly Pokemon. Other game series will be spotlighted as well. Come in, relax, check it out.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Asgade1337

General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:41 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
Cool. =] And no worries. I've loved helping people who are just beginning Monster Hunter since I played the original online. I don't have much else to do since Big Elder Dragon Jewels are freakishly rare... ugh! Looks like I'll have a reason to use my PSP finally in any case. =] Hope you can make it!

Haha interesting...I do that with WOW:p

Yeah I can:D Thanks
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:40 pm

Cool. =] And no worries. I've loved helping people who are just beginning Monster Hunter since I played the original online. I don't have much else to do since Big Elder Dragon Jewels are freakishly rare... ugh! Looks like I'll have a reason to use my PSP finally in any case. =] Hope you can make it!
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:31 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
It's all good. You probably wouldn't be shy for very long. I'm the shyest person I know, and I've found there is no reason to be shy around the people there. I'm more comfortable there than I am in my own house... by myself. =D Fun stuff. Anyway, Tweila was saying you should go Thursday, since I am there every Thursday.

Oh hey and thursday is a min day...Sounds fun, I will tell my Dungeon Masters(parents) about it and see...

I better get cracking so I look less nooby LOL
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:29 pm

It's all good. You probably wouldn't be shy for very long. I'm the shyest person I know, and I've found there is no reason to be shy around the people there. I'm more comfortable there than I am in my own house... by myself. =D Fun stuff. Anyway, Tweila was saying you should go Thursday, since I am there every Thursday.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:26 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
...or you could go to Tweila's house. I just talked to her and she came up with the idea of you going over there. =o We'd be more than willing to help you get out of your low level quests and get you some decent stuff.

Haha you guys are too kind

Maybe...I am...awfully shy and never leave my room o_O so I will see!
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:18 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
Yeah. Sometimes attacking can be used as a form of evading, though. Doing a forward attack get get you out of the way of some monster attacks depending on the situation, for example. Sharpening one's weapon is much easier when playing multi-player. Then the monster is less likely to attack you while you are sharpening. =D Just remember, some monsters are especially difficult with certain weapons. Luckily for you, Bowguns are good against pretty much everything. Tigrex will probably prove to be difficult though...

Well I don't think I will be playing multiplayer anytime soon

I would need a ps3...
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 10:06 pm

Yeah. Sometimes attacking can be used as a form of evading, though. Doing a forward attack get get you out of the way of some monster attacks depending on the situation, for example. Sharpening one's weapon is much easier when playing multi-player. Then the monster is less likely to attack you while you are sharpening. =D Just remember, some monsters are especially difficult with certain weapons. Luckily for you, Bowguns are good against pretty much everything. Tigrex will probably prove to be difficult though...
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:55 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
Definitely, definitely evasion. That is REQUIRED after a while, because monsters like Tigrex will nearly one-shot you in rage mode. Doesn't matter how good your armor is. I think of potions as a thing to keep myself from being OHKO'd rather than to heal. This isn't always true, though. Some monsters like Shogun Ceanataur are almost impossible NOT to get hit by, but they do small amounts of damage. That's where potions become more useful.

So basically, rely on your evasion as best as you can and use potions as a backup plan.

Haha I am sure you evade more than you do damage, or block...Sharpening your weapon is a pain too rofl, hence my gun
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:53 pm

Definitely, definitely evasion. That is REQUIRED after a while, because monsters like Tigrex will nearly one-shot you in rage mode. Doesn't matter how good your armor is. I think of potions as a thing to keep myself from being OHKO'd rather than to heal. This isn't always true, though. Some monsters like Shogun Ceanataur are almost impossible NOT to get hit by, but they do small amounts of damage. That's where potions become more useful.

So basically, rely on your evasion as best as you can and use potions as a backup plan.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
And yeah, worms can work too. Anything CAN work as long as you aren't trying to use Tuna Bait or anything. Fireflies work best for me, though. Man I hate gathering quests... glad they stop making you do gathering quests after a while.

Wow just my rotten luck I suppose

Haha well, how do you stay healed? stacking potions or more evasive manuevers?
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:45 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
Oh! I should have known. There were quite a few unknown people to me there, after all. I think I know who you are now. I didn't know you were friends with Tweila, but now that I think of it I remember her talking about you and Monster Hunter. That's pretty cool stuff.

Haha I was the one in the corner:P

But, I didn't know her back then, I only knew Meagen and three others from just...their friends or ex GFs

Anyways, yes I asked her for it after I got the game, which funny enough, is after she graduated
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

And yeah, worms can work too. Anything CAN work as long as you aren't trying to use Tuna Bait or anything. Fireflies work best for me, though. Man I hate gathering quests... glad they stop making you do gathering quests after a while.
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:43 pm

Oh! I should have known. There were quite a few unknown people to me there, after all. I think I know who you are now. I didn't know you were friends with Tweila, but now that I think of it I remember her talking about you and Monster Hunter. That's pretty cool stuff.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:40 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
Don't shun bows quite yet! They suck from the beginning of the game to the middle. Once you get to the higher ranks, though, Bows are Godly. And I meant you don't need the bait to catch Goldenfish in those quests. Try Fireflies. =]

I see...Ill wait then

FFS! Really?1 I did it thrice with fucking worms...
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:39 pm

Don't shun bows quite yet! They suck from the beginning of the game to the middle. Once you get to the higher ranks, though, Bows are Godly. And I meant you don't need the bait to catch Goldenfish in those quests. Try Fireflies. =]
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:36 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
Goldenfish Bait isn't needed to catch Goldenfish. It is just convenient. And... was this at Tweila's house or...? I was never in public school so I dunno. D= I'm a shy fat kid too though, so it's all good.

The melee weapons are mostly fun to be because they upgrade so far. I am a hammer user, myself. Kind of hard to work with at first, but once you get them down they can take down any monster! =] The Great Swords are bulky enough to hit things accurately. The thing that turns most people off from them is the fact that they're so... well, bulky. Swinging one of those things leaves you wide open for being attacked. If you can master dodge rolling and timing the dodge, they can be worked with. By the way, how do you like Bows?

I mean...derp, Its for a desert fishing quest, Can't remember name atm sorry

I see I see..well it seems like most games with a curve. Bows...not a huge fan rofl, used them in the training camp with that konga....Never again. Good concept though.
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Goldenfish Bait isn't needed to catch Goldenfish. It is just convenient. And... was this at Tweila's house or...? I was never in public school so I dunno. D= I'm a shy fat kid too though, so it's all good.

The melee weapons are mostly fun to be because they upgrade so far. I am a hammer user, myself. Kind of hard to work with at first, but once you get them down they can take down any monster! =] The Great Swords are bulky enough to hit things accurately. The thing that turns most people off from them is the fact that they're so... well, bulky. Swinging one of those things leaves you wide open for being attacked. If you can master dodge rolling and timing the dodge, they can be worked with. By the way, how do you like Bows?
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Iced_Shadows wrote:
...and I apparently overlook things too. You have to buy the honey boxes from the man standing outside of your farm. If you have done that, then just walk to the right of your box and it should be there.

Well I have to unlock it it seems, thanks, I need the Snakebee(?) larva for making those goldenfish bait
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:27 pm

Thanks!

If you remember before the first day of school last summer, I was that shy, fat kid in the Link shirt...Names Cole, herro :3

But thanks! Yeah its...interesting, I don't like many melee weapons, the mace seems fun, but the sword and the aiming system seems...clunky, thats why I like the accuracy of the guns
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:15 pm

...and I apparently overlook things too. You have to buy the honey boxes from the man standing outside of your farm. If you have done that, then just walk to the right of your box and it should be there.
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:13 pm

Gaspers! So I am known. Anyway, Monster Hunter takes a bit of getting used to. Just be glad you didn't start off playing the original... that game is REALLY difficult for even skilled gamers. Major learning curve right there.

See, the weapons aren't entirely balanced in Monster Hunter. I don't use Light Bowguns or Heavy Bowguns too often due to the fact that I am too lazy to make ammo for them, but I believe it is always best to make the very best bowguns you can. The crappy ones you start out being able to get are... well, crap. The easiest weapon to begin with is the Great Sword, since it is simple and overall powerful. They are also easier to upgrade than most of the other weapons. I would say try using those for a little while so that you can get somewhere in the game. If you can start slaying the bigger guys, you'll soon be able to make some pretty cool Light Bowguns. Very Happy

Sorry for the lengthy answer. I am a bit of a Monster Hunter fanatic. I tend to ramble about these sort of things...
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Um   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 9:01 pm

Tweila actually told me to talk to you Jesse, and Thomas

She made me get Freedom Unite, and I am...a tad lost Very Happy

I am no noob, just new to this kind of game

Currently using a light bowgun, can't seem to kill too well and I can't find the honey in the pokke farm

Halp?Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 EmptyMon Feb 22, 2010 8:57 pm

I love that video... anyway, the Monster Hunter games are by far my favorite online games in the world. There needs to be more games where you can slay giant dragons and the like with swords longer than your own body. And aren't RPG's... =P So, whether you have played any of these games or not, I encourage anybody who is even mildly interested in the topic to post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion.
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EdenEcho :: Other Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: