EdenEcho
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EdenEcho

A site focusing on gaming, particularly Pokemon. Other game series will be spotlighted as well. Come in, relax, check it out.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

General Monster Hunter discussion.

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 05, 2010 3:11 am

I am actually glad you prefer Bowguns. Our "team" could use a Bowgunner, because none of us ever use them. =/
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 9:25 pm

Hrm, that should prove to be...difficult I shall train thyself to not use thine arrow arch

But I prefer bowguns, though the coating system is cool and the melee with it nice
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 8:15 pm

Ignore the arch, it lies to you. If your arrow is charged at all, it is going to go straight. Like, instead of the arrow going back down it will likely just disappear after a certain distance or go through a wall.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 5:50 pm

haha yes and no, I mean the arch I always hated in video games, always always always

Crosshairs ftw?Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 1:55 am

You realize I was talking about Bows and now Bowguns right? I mean, a Bow's aiming is pretty similar to that of a Bowgun, only you can move while you do it.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 04, 2010 12:05 am

thats...odd, and yeah I do haha its easy, but I can aim without them most of the time if close enough

I hate bows
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 8:08 pm

Ah. Well, I've never had any trouble aiming... in fact, I have the best aim with Bows as compared to other weapons I use. Certainly easier than Bowguns for me. Do you use the R trigger to aim with Bows?
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 3:38 pm

Lol youtube joke >.>

And the aiming? maybe? Hate that about bows...
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 1:19 pm

Magic helmet? =o Lol I still don't see the Bow's downside. I guess the simple fact you are forced to use gunner armor is its downside.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 10:06 pm

everyone weapon needs a downside, a balance

Maybe something more blunt?Very Happy Like my...hammer and magic helmet?
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 02, 2010 3:38 pm

It goes Green, Blue, White, and Purple. Purple being the best. I would say the demon mode demonic dance attack with duals makes sharpness go down the quickest. Duals are bad with sharpness... I guess they had to have some sort of downside since there are people out there who never get hit by any attacks lol. One thing annoying about sharpness is that even with purple sharpness, some monsters can't be cut through. Black Gravios is an example... no weapon that I know of can slice through its carapace.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyMon Mar 01, 2010 9:00 pm

I see...Well I can see how those can all come into play with sharpness, beyond green in sharpness what are the colors if any? Haha I find the mace with the spin charge the most needed-to-be-re-sharpned thing out there
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 10:47 pm

Believe it or not, I'm not entirely sure what ALL the mechanics behind sharpness are. Sharpness helps you keep from bouncing off the tough carapaces of monsters obviously, but it has other uses as well. I believe raw power, elemental power, and the likelihood of inflicting status effects is based on sharpness for blademasters. The sharper the weapon, the better.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 8:36 pm

so theres damage, elemental damage and sharpness. I assume sharpness is for penetration?
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:56 pm

Ah, Bladed Edge? Those are very good. Hard to fully upgrade, but good. They're for sharpness.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 7:52 pm

I see...And if your fighting something weak against fire, and you use fire blades it does more damage than the raw. And man that sucks.

Uuh upgraded bone scythes, chief scythes? I think? I am almost upgraded to the green ones..

sorry, wicked sick can't remember the name haha
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 3:05 pm

Raw power is non-elemental, so yes. Ones that don't have elements usually have stronger overall attack than weapons that do have elements. If I were to guess, the best poison duals are Chameleos Dual Blades. There is only one set of paralysis duals, and they are joke weapons. As in, their attack power is terrible and their paralysis is even worse. They're just there for the lulz. There are no sleep duals.

What weapons do you have? =o
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 28, 2010 9:59 am

Raw power? So its the neutral one? And I seem to really enjoy poisoning weapons because I have to dodge so much and it gets some damage in when I am not attacking

I still need to farm a bit more to upgrade my current weapons....

Tweila told me to get the conga gear, I also got some similar named ones as well...
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 27, 2010 11:37 pm

Lol yeah. You get an awesome achievement for beating everything in training with every weapon. Doesn't do anything but boost your ego.

Lets see... as far as duals go, there isn't really a "best" set of duals. There are different ones that are the best against certain monsters though.

Best fire duals: Punishment Blades

Water: Holy Guild Knight

Thunder: Divine Power Saws

Ice: Silhouette Sabers G

Dragon: Dual Dragon Ultimus+

Raw Power: Tigrex Claws+
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 25, 2010 9:54 pm

I see...Yeah I noticed that I get deflected alot

But I found what I like, Dual Swords...Though the momentium sucks when it misses, it can be devastating with a flurry of blows(the Tringle and Circle button combo seems the best while in Demon Dance)

And Tweila said I am a whore for being the Kut Ku 4/5 in the arena and the congala 1/5 haha

And I got some sweet stuff with all your guys' help, thanks again

I need to work on upgrading my swords, whats the best dual swords out there?
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 9:43 pm

I didn't have a TV of my own. I could only play when my parents wern't home. =/ Sucks... and yeah, once you've upgraded hammers they're actually very sharp. Doesn't make sense, but it's cool. haha. You won't ever be bouncing off of a Kut-Ku, that's for sure! With a Great Sword, I would recommend just using your unsheathing attack repeatedly. Attack, put weapon away, attack, put weapon away, etc.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 7:19 pm

W-wow...Holy cow

How were you not able to play?

And I defeated the Yian Kut Ku in the school with every weapon except the greatsword, the my problem with the mace was my aiming, hitting tough spots rather than neck/head
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:19 pm

My longest in Pokemon was 300+. It kept getting data erased, too. I have 900+ hours on Monster Hunter for the PS2. Only about 500 in Unite. I usually wasn't able to play Monster Hunter, otherwise I'd have many more hours than that. I also managed to collect ALMOST every weapon in that game. Nobody has ever actually done that legitimately.
Back to top Go down
Asgade1337

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:10 pm

Interesting, there seems to be two gaming cliques

somewhat intertwined...But I generally don't go beyond 200 hours on a handhelf, FF is 130? Tales of the world:radiant mythology is 110(haven't beaten the story line)

etc etc...WoW 6,000+

Pokemon I think was 80 hours? longest? they all get erased, stolen, etc
Back to top Go down
Iced_Shadows

Iced_Shadows

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 24, 2010 6:07 pm

LOL that she does. She is really good at MH. One of the best of our group.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Monster Hunter discussion.   General Monster Hunter discussion. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

General Monster Hunter discussion.
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EdenEcho :: Other Gaming Discussions-
Jump to: